DiPalo Selects is a landmark authentic Italian market preserving the history of Little Italy. If you want to add an Italian flavor to your holiday table definitely stop by! Not only do they carry an array of specialty Italian products, cheeses and salumi, Lou DiPalo recently came out with his own book this Fall sharing stories running DiPalos 40 years and counting: DiPalo's Guide to the Essential Foods of Italy: 100 Years of Wisdom and Stories Behind the Counter.
1. Parmesan Cheese- A staple in every Italian household! Try to see if you can taste the diff notes in the cheese!
2. Besaio- a sheep's milk blue cheese, soaked in sweet wine and raisins for that perfect sweet yet sharp bite.
3. Proscuitto di San Daniele- honestly any of their prosciutto is great, perfectly sliced thin to melt in your mouth.
4. Camembert di Bufala- a soft spreadable cheese, perfect for appetizers. Top on bread or taralli (Italian crackers).
5. Wine- head next door to Sam DiPalo's wine shop, Enoteca DiPalo and pick a wine from the immense regional wines!